- September 14, 2022
- Posted by: Chinwendu Nwaeze
- Category: Health/Fitness, Human Capital Development
Benefits of Optimizing Your Health and Fitness
Many of us struggle to sustain a healthy and fitness balance between our personal obligations and our physical well-being, and we frequently go through more lows than highs. Additionally, we encounter obstacles that seem insurmountable and neglect to take the necessary actions. Maintaining adequate health and fitness procedures has increased the life span of most individuals.
It is more fruitful to concentrate on fundamental strategies to maximise your quality of life; by enhancing your physical health and finding a joyful, healthy balance in your life.
1. Good Nutrition
Nutrition is an important part of health and fitness. Substitute nutrient-rich foods like fish, veggies, and foods high in healthy fats like avocados for your reduced intake of sugary foods. Ensure your body gets all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients it needs to function at its best.
2. Adequate Rest and Sleep
Sleep deprivation can either create or worsen your health. It is important to get 7-9 hours of sleep daily. If you have trouble sleeping, then you can try any of these tricks;
- Try yoga or mild stretching
- Switch off electronic devices.
- Do not eat 2-3 hours before bedtime
- After 20 minutes of trying to sleep, get up and read for 20 minutes before trying again later.
Exercise has been demonstrated to improve mood, increase self-esteem, lessen symptoms of depression and anxiety, manage weight, reduce the risk of disease and improve your ability to do everyday activities. Although most Nigerians get really tired and lazy to engage in workouts. Here are a few tips that would boost your interest in exercise.
- Start little with simpler workouts
- Try new workouts every day and bribe yourself with post-workout activities like meeting up with friends.
- Get a gym instructor or a friend that loves workouts.
- Last but not least, “purchase sexy gym wear to boost your confidence and interest”. You can order one for yourself and your gym partners/friends on our website. Click here.
4. Drink more water
There are endless benefits to drinking a lot of water. Try to drink 60 ounces of water daily. Infuse your water with fruits and veggies to make it less boring.
5. Take more steps
Aim for 10,000 steps per day for the average person. Get up every 30 minutes to walk around the office or exercise during your lunch break if you work at a desk.
6. Creating healthy relationships with family and friends
Your sense of purpose and love may increase if you feel a connection to those around you. Focus on the quality of your friendships and relationships. Keep in touch with anyone who gives you encouragement, joy, a sense of purpose, a feeling of likeness or love, or any other positive feeling.
7. Seek support and Be supportive
When you feel at your lowest and need someone to talk to or you need guidance; it could be contacting a counsellor, a primary care physician, or mental health professional. Likewise, you can be a source of support for another friend or family.