- January 27, 2023
- Posted by: Chinwendu Nwaeze
- Category: BookClub, Catalyst Bookclub, Education, Human Capital Development
CATALYST BOOK CLUB 2.0
The transformative power that comes with books and its ability to liberate one’s mind is what birthed the Catalyst Book Club.
The iconic writer Chinua Achebe once said, ” The world is like a mask dancing. Therefore, if you want to see it well, you do not stand in one.” In other words, to see the world from a transparent and objective angle, being in love with the idea of reading books is inevitable.
We are a community of avid readers; committed to growing the reading culture among Young Africans. It is widely known that a man who reads books is one who has lived many lifetimes in one. Keeping this in mind, we believe that “Knowledge is Power.”
We are fierce in our resolve and on a mission to debunk the myth that; to hide a thing from a Black man, you have to put it in a book. We are a community that share our knowledge with one another through our monthly gatherings where like-minds dissect the books that has been individually read.
ADVANTAGES OF JOINING CATALYST BOOK CLUB
- When you become a part of our community, you’re also joining a diverse, impactful group of readers committed to make a difference.
- We are a vibrant community that creates engaging, exciting and meaningful discussions.
- We design new features to inspire more engaging dialogue between members. Because of the opportunity to make more meaningful connections with members who share similar passion.
- Sharing of ideas and books so as to enable everyone become better readers, writers, thinkers and learners.
HOW HAS THE BOOKCLUB IMPACTED LIVES?
We asked a few of our past members how the Book Club meetings affected their everyday life. And these were their responses:
“I learnt to view things on different perspectives, to clap for other people’s success until it was my turn, and that it is good to fail but never give up.” – Busayo
“It really shaped my thought process and vocabulary. I also networked with people of like-minds.” – Yusuf
” It helped me in being able to comprehend better and a one-on-one mentoring session with Catalyst and it boosted my business finances.” – Aisha
” The feeling of a community and listening to different views from different people pushed me to do better and be better. I highly recommend such experience!” – Nnenna