- January 23, 2023
- Posted by: Chinwendu Nwaeze
- Category: BookClub, Catalyst Bookclub, Education, Human Capital Development
THE IMPACT OF BEING PART OF A BOOK CLUB
Congratulations to our new Book Club members! We are eager to meet everyone of you.
Reading is a crucial part of developing leadership skills. One efficient way to increase your reading habits is by being part of a Book Club. There are also additional benefits which will be talked about.
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING A READING COMMUNITY
1. Provides an opportunity for you to connect with other people who share your love of reading. It’s a great way to make new friends, and to expand your social circle.
2. It gives you the opportunity to discuss books with others. This can help you gain a deeper understanding of the text, and it can also lead to some interesting discussions.
3. It can help you develop a better understanding of yourself.
4. Each book you read will offer you new insights, and by discussing them with others, you’ll be able to see things from a different perspective.
5. It helps with communication skills. Discussing views in such gathering will make you more confident and comfortable in formal discussions.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A READING COMMUNITY
Joining a book club is one of the best decisions you can make for your reading life. Aside from getting access to a community of readers who love discussing books, you can also expect the following:
- Higher level of engagement with books – You’ll no longer read books at a surface level. Since book clubs encourage deep discussion about books, you’ll be looking at them in a different way.
- Improved reading skills – This goes without saying, but when you’re constantly discussing books and their elements with other people, your reading skills will naturally improve.
- Networking – One of the best things about book clubs is that they provide a great opportunity to make new friends who share your love for reading.
Catalyst Bookclub is the next generation of African leaders, rational thinkers, political giants, entrepreneurs and change makers!