- July 7, 2021
- Posted by: Temitayo Omodehin
- Category: Admission, Education, Uncategorized, Unilag
Catalyst Tutorials is launching an intensive coaching program for UNILAG Diploma Entrance Examination. This program is for candidates who intend to GAIN ADMISSION into UNILAG via direct entry. It will cover all the details and important information you need to know to scale successfully into the Univerity of Lagos. The coaching and tutorials will begin on July 12th, 2021. You can find more details below. But first, we will go into some detail about the Unilag Diploma Program.
WHAT IS THE UNILAG DIPLOMA
The University of Lagos Foundation Programmes (a.k.a Diploma Program) was started by the Human Resources Development Centre (HRDC) in 1998 to offer Diploma, Advanced Diploma, and Professional Certificates to qualified students and candidates.
This directive was created to provide opportunities for individuals to receive certifications in specialized academic departments. The program aims at human capacity building, which, in turn, makes applicants more desirable in their respective professional fields.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Diploma also allows for admission into undergraduate programs via the Direct Entry method.
Suitable candidates are advised to apply for the Unilag Diploma Form.
The Diploma program is also known as Unilag Foundation, Unilag Predegree and, Unilag JUPEB.
It allows successful candidates to proceed directly into 200 level without the need for JAMB. The program runs for a year. Intending applicants will have to pass an entrance examination before they can join the program.
To gain access and to purchase the registration form, go to foundation.unilag.edu.ng. It is important to note that the Unilag diploma program is non-residential. Some applicants might opt to go through private centers for their JUPEB/diploma. To find out more about this option, join the Catalyst Coaching Program, which begins on the 12th of July 2021. Or contact 08162726997, 08120353382 for questions and enquiries.
The requirement you need to proceed with your Diploma registration are as follows;
- The applicant must have at least five credits in their current or awaiting O-level result.
- The applicant must be over the age of 16.
Please note that Professional and Advanced Diploma requirements will differ depending on the certification to be acquired.
The diploma can serve as a lifeline for students who were unsuccessful in gaining admission through the UTME route or for students who do not want to deal with the hassle of post-UTME.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit the University of Lagos website (www.unilag.edu.ng)
- On the prospective students’ menu, click on the School of Foundation Studies. Alternatively, directly visit foundation.unilag.edu.ng
- Go through the information on subject combinations relevant to your proposed choice of course of study for Direct Entry admission.
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number known as PRN, using the applicant’s names.
Listed below are some of the courses offered in the Unilag Diploma Program.
- Adult Education
- Accountancy / Accounting
- Actuarial Science
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Biomedical Engineering
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Creative Arts
- Chinese Studies
- Christian Religious Knowledge / Studies
- Dentistry And Dental Surgery
- Dentistry and Dental Technology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Christian Religious Studies
- Education and Economics
- Education and History
- Education and Igbo
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Education and English Language
- Early Childhood Education
- Education and Biology
- Education and French
- Education and Geography
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- Education and Yoruba
- Educational Administration
- Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- English Language
- Estate Management
- Guidance and Counseling
- Health Education
- History and Strategic Studies
- Home Economics and Education
- Human Kinetics
- Islamic Studies
- Marine Biology
- Mass Communication
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Mathematics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Laboratory Technology / Science
- Medicine and Surgery
- Metallurgical and Material Engineering
- Nursing / Nursing Science
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Social Works
- Christian Religious Studies (CRS)
- Linguistics with Igbo / Yoruba
- Surveying and Geo-Informatics
- Systems Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Technical Education
- Urban and Regional Planning