- December 7, 2021
- Posted by: Adeshola Gbadebo
- Category: CMP, Human Capital Development
According to “Lisa Gansk” Your brand is your public identity, what you’re trusted for. And for your brand to endure, it has to be tested, redefined, managed, and expanded as markets evolve. Brands either learn or disappear.
Your personal brand is your uniqueness, your reputation, it is what other people think of you and what they would readily say about you especially in your absence.
Lets see some quotes on Personal Branding:
- Personal branding is the art of becoming knowable, likable and trustable. – John Jantsch
- If people believe they share values with a company, they will stay loyal to the brand. – Howard Schultz
- A brand is the set of expectations, memories, stories and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another. – Seth Godin
- Personal branding is all about building rapport at scale and rapport is one of the most fundamental sales techniques. Whether you call it personal branding or charisma, It’s a very powerful tool that veteran salespeople naturally employ to close more deals with less effort. – Mark Roberge
WHY IS PERSONAL BRANDING IMPORTANT?
1. Attracts opportunities
2. Boosts your network
3. Boosts your self-confidence
4. Showcases your strengths & Uniqueness
5. Enhances your self awareness
FIVE RULES OF PERSONAL BRANDING
You now understand what Personal Branding is and why it is important. Here are the Five Rules of Personal Branding:
- Create a compelling Personal Statement: You must ensure the Personal Statement is compelling and catchy. This should be personal to you. Remember you are not doing this for anyone but for yourself.
- Decide what you stand for: “Decide what you stand for. And then stand for it all the time.” Deciding what you stand for is important and comes next in the rules. In deciding what you stand for, you must establish your values, decide what kind of person you want to be and decide the causes you’re most passionate about.
- Start living for what you stand for: You have decided what you stand for. Now, start living for it. If you’re passionate about anything, start volunteering to teach other people for it.
- Get Visible: Spread the word about what you do and engage more people. Start discussions around your passions, the idea is to become known for something. Be active on social media, start a blog, spread your word, start a conversation.
- Set Goals: Commit yourself to getting better, set bigger goals and targets for yourself. The aim is to add value.
For more exciting topics follow me on Instagram Every Thursday I host an IG Live session where topics such as this are been discussed.