- June 29, 2022
- Posted by: Adeshola Gbadebo
- Category: Construction, Consultation, Investment, Real Estate
FIVE MISTAKES TO AVOID WHEN BUILDING A HOME.
A new home’s construction can be a thrilling undertaking. People often start it as one of their most significant life projects. It can be physically and financially stressful when it is not well thought out and managed. Therefore, it’s crucial to be aware of new home builders’ errors before starting the procedure.
It would be best if you considered a new home from various perspectives while planning to build one and if you thought about your present and future lifestyles. Budgets that are too little and poor planning can result in several unfortunate and tragic errors. Below are the common mistakes people make in the course of building a home:
1. Selecting your Home’s Location: The location is crucial for real estate investing and constructing a new home. Your property’s quality and the properties nearby also influence the price of the building materials and the cost of your land. It would help if you considered the neighbourhood where you desire your land and the distance from other commonplace amenities like banks, schools, supermarkets, parks, etc.
2. Selecting the Best Home Builder: Making the appropriate choice in a home builder is crucial. You want to be able to convey your needs and wants to someone. Set up multiple meetings to determine if they work well together. Also, make inquiries about them to choose their qualifications.
3. Terrible Use of Space: One of the numerous errors new home builders make is POOR SPACE DESIGN. Space planning and design are essential unless you have intentions to build a large home. Organizing your home’s space will spare you the stress of squeezing through every room.
4. Unventilated and dim homes: It’s not uncommon to view some houses and wonder if the owners ever intended to live there. Most individuals overlook their windows and the illumination in their homes as a whole. It is also crucial to use natural light as the primary illumination source.
5. Wrongly Placed Electrical Circuits: Electrical socket placement is one of the most common construction errors made when designing a home. Switchboards are positioned either too high or too low, which is risky. It is preferable to put sockets in places that are out of the way of young children. When building or upgrading your home, consider how to make it kid-friendly.
You can visit us at Catalyst Business Consult, 10 Owolabi Balogun Street, Abule-Oja, Yaba, Lagos or call us at 08162726997